Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Thanksgiving Vacation

A sweet family from our church offered their cabin, Birds Eye View, to us this fall in Valle Crucis. The dates that we were available the cabin was not. Because we were not traveling for Thanksgiving I thought I'd see if the cabin was available then. Sure enough, it was! We were so blessed to spend four glorious nights up there. This was our first little vacation, just the three of us. We made great memories and sweet Emma talks about this special trip all of the time. Unfortunately I did not take many pictures but below are just a few documenting our time. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Emma spent time doing artwork and coloring and Josh and I got a lot of enjoyable reading done. It was wonderful and relaxing. We are so thankful for this special time that we had.

 The beautiful cabin!





The master bedroom. There are two twin beds in the little alcove. Emma slept in one of those beds! :)

 The view we woke up to!
God's creation is AWESOME!

While we were in Boone we drove around the city and up in the mountains.
We visited Mast General Store and candy shop. Emma got her candy fix and I got a really neat coffee mug.
We met one of our former youth, who is now at App State, for lunch in downtown Boone at Boone Drug. We enjoyed shopping down there, looking around and spending time together. We decided to eat at the Daniel Boone Inn the night before Thanksgiving instead of the day of because we would have had to wait in line for hours. We enjoyed our family style meal at the famous, Daniel Boone Inn. But most of all we enjoyed all the time we got to spend together on our little Thanksgiving vacation.

 Our Mountain Thanksgiving
At preschool, Emma made a placemat for herself, napkin rings and place cards for our family as well as a turkey centerpiece. It was so much fun! She had a blast setting the table and I saved everything to use again next Thanksgiving! :) 




 
 Our proud girl next to her creation! :)
For Thanksgiving Dinner we had stuffing with a rotisserie chicken, green beans, mac n cheese, rolls, apple pie and Blue Bell Ice cream! We were SOOOOOO excited to find that Boone had Blue Bell! We haven't seen that in North Carolina before so we HAD to get some! :)
 Our sweet little Indian girl! :)
Happy Thanksgiving!




And of course, before we left I had to take some more pictures of the beautiful view!
Just stunning!

No comments: