39 minutes ago
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
Emma started sleeping in a big girl bed when we went home for Thanksgiving. She liked sleeping on the "butterfly" bed. :) She did really great!
Thanksgiving all alone! Emma was a bit hungry before everything was finished so she began her Thanksgiving alone! :) It was pretty cute to see her sitting there eating.
Posted by The B's at 10:06 AM
Saturday, November 28, 2009
We had lunch at the Fish House ( my favorite restaurant in PNS) with some friends and her twin boys: Levi and Elijah! :) They are about 4 months older than Emma. They are SO sweet and cute AND much calmer than Emma! :) We enjoyed our lunch with them - a great time with great food! :) YUM!
- We normally put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving, or somewhere around that time, depending on our travel plans, etc. This year we are moving, next week. I'm hoping to get at least a little tree up once we get moved and settled.
- We get a picture of Emma with Santa each year. Her very first picture with Santa she was sleeping and the last two, she was crying...I think this year she will be crying as well. I wish she would get over her fear of "dressed up" people. Halloween helped us a little but not totally.
- I always got an ornament each year growing up and have continued that into our married/family life. For Emma I get things that remind me of her that year. For example, last year she got a fish ornament and (I cheated and got two) a shoe ornament. She loved the "fishy Backyardigans" and she loves SHOES! This year I got her a tiara ornament because she LOVES princesses and was a princess for Halloween.
- I try to have a tree in all of the bedrooms. Emma's tree is decorated, the trees in the other rooms are not. I try to decorate the bathrooms and hallways etc. with something Christmas.
- Christmas Eve is filled with Christmas Eve services at church. One present (if not more) for each person. We also eat Enchilada's! When I was serving in China Josh came to visit for Christmas that year and I made Enchilada's on Christmas Eve. We have continued that tradition each year. :)
- So far for each Christmas Eve/Christmas we have been at our home. I'm sure that will be where the majority of our Christmas's are spent since Josh is a minister. I like it that way.
- I look forward to the traditions we continue to develop has a family. I love Christmas time!
I will try to post some pictures later! :)
Posted by The B's at 1:01 AM
Friday, November 27, 2009
Pastor and Mrs. Liz had us out to their home one afternoon this week. Emma enjoyed being outside (and inside) exploring everything. She would take off running from inside the house to the outside. She LOVED it! She is still talking about "the lake". She showed off her strong will a few times (alot); once, by running down the pier? and jumping into the paddle boat while everyone else was on land...thankfully she stayed in the boat until I got her! Thursday was the first day that Emma slept in and got enough sleep since we have been here and I must say her behavior and strong will has been MUCH better. This little girl doesn't do great off her schedule.
Thank you Pastor & Mrs. Liz for letting us come visit you at your home. We had a great time! :)
Feeding the fish old bread.
"Cheese" Pastor teaching Emma how to hold the whole biscuit in the water and let the fish nibble. I'm not sure she ever really did it!
Posted by The B's at 8:14 AM
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Emma's actual "birth' day fell on the Saturday of the Disciple Now at our church. We took a cake up there and got Emma her own big cupcake to eat. She was a bit embarrassed by all the people singing to her but definitely enjoyed her 'pup'cake! :)
Posted by The B's at 7:51 PM
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Two-Year Old Check Up Height: 3'0" Weight: 29 lb 30z Less then a month later Height: 3'1" Weight: 30 lb 0oz Three-Year Old Check Up Height: 3'5" Weight: 37.8 lb (gained over 4 pounds in less than 4 months) All that to say, Emma was MUCH easier to carry last year. I can't carry her for long...she is too heavy and too tall!!!!
Posted by The B's at 5:17 PM
Monday, November 23, 2009
Sweet Emma sat down next to a couple handing out candy on their front steps. She wanted to help them hand it out and eat some! ;) Trick-or-Treat, Give me something good to eat! :) We are STILL talking about the lady with the sheet on her head! Trick-or-Treating with one of my favorite students. She LOVES him and he loves her back. I wish he was mine! Picture with Mommy I'm so disapointed we didn't get a family picture. Josh was "Facebook". :)
I love this picture!
The 50 cent corndog special from Sonic.
Posted by The B's at 1:06 PM