- We normally put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving, or somewhere around that time, depending on our travel plans, etc. This year we are moving, next week. I'm hoping to get at least a little tree up once we get moved and settled.
- We get a picture of Emma with Santa each year. Her very first picture with Santa she was sleeping and the last two, she was crying...I think this year she will be crying as well. I wish she would get over her fear of "dressed up" people. Halloween helped us a little but not totally.
- I always got an ornament each year growing up and have continued that into our married/family life. For Emma I get things that remind me of her that year. For example, last year she got a fish ornament and (I cheated and got two) a shoe ornament. She loved the "fishy Backyardigans" and she loves SHOES! This year I got her a tiara ornament because she LOVES princesses and was a princess for Halloween.
- I try to have a tree in all of the bedrooms. Emma's tree is decorated, the trees in the other rooms are not. I try to decorate the bathrooms and hallways etc. with something Christmas.
- Christmas Eve is filled with Christmas Eve services at church. One present (if not more) for each person. We also eat Enchilada's! When I was serving in China Josh came to visit for Christmas that year and I made Enchilada's on Christmas Eve. We have continued that tradition each year. :)
- So far for each Christmas Eve/Christmas we have been at our home. I'm sure that will be where the majority of our Christmas's are spent since Josh is a minister. I like it that way.
- I look forward to the traditions we continue to develop has a family. I love Christmas time!
I will try to post some pictures later! :)