Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, Bug!

Sweet Emma, You are THREE today. I cannot believe it! You are so tall and so grown up and most of the time you use your good manners. :) You are soooo friendly. When I think of your friendliness I always think of your great-Papa. As I have said many times before, he would have LOVED hanging out with you! Last night, in the car, was the first time I heard you make up your own song and you did a great job. It sounded great and even rhymed. I pray that you continue to love music and will always use it to honor and share the love of our Lord. You LOVE school, everything about it! Your teachers this year are fabulous and you have learned so much. You have memorized NINE Bible Verses already. I am so proud of you! Your memory is much like your daddies. I hope it always stays that way! It is so neat for Mommy to hear you talking to your toys and then all of a sudden say a Bible Verse, one you hadn't said in a while. Always, hide God's word in your heart so you can remember it yourself and share it with others! This weekend is a busy weekend for your Daddy, he is hosting Disciple Now at the church with 56 youth. You have been such a good helper, helping Mommy and Daddy get ready for the weekend. You LOVE to help! It is my prayer that you will always have a servants heart and be willing to lend a hand to those in need. You are very much a leader. I pray that you will lead for our Lord. That you will follow the straight and narrow path. It may not always be easy but it is always right. I pray that your strong will :) will keep you head strong in the race of faith. Sometimes you follow and when you do, I pray that you follow the mighty men and women of faith. I pray now that the Lord will put great, women in your life just as he has in mine that have helped me to become who I am today. Sweet Emma, there is so much more that I can say. Your Daddy and I love you with all of our hearts, we pray for you daily and we can't wait to see what God does with your life. You will always be my little "bug" and my "baby girl"! I love you so much beautiful!!! Love, Mommy

No comments: