Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Monday, July 2, 2012

April 16, 2011

Saturday, April 16, 2011 was a scary day for those living in our area. That morning Josh left with a mission team from our church and headed to Baltimore to work with a church plant up there. That afternoon, Emma and I attended a baby shower. I knew that we would be getting some scary weather on this day...severe thunderstorms and tornadoes had gone through Alabama and Georgia and were headed our way. I was pretty nervous all day. There was a strange eeriness outside. Anyways, Emma and I got dressed up and headed to the baby shower. While we were there the wind started blowing the sky became a unique color and we knew the storms were headed our way. God knew what he was doing by having us there during that time. I would have been a total wreck. There were tornadoes all around where we live. One of Emma's classmates lives in a neighborhood where most of the houses were either destroyed or severely damaged. His was one of them. LLLC provided meals and finances to help them get back on their feet. On Monday, April 18 Emma and I along with members of a church went to that neighborhood to help rake, move limbs, pass out water and non perishables. The people were so welcoming and we were more than happy to help. Below is a picture of the two smallest helpers with the biggest hearts. And yes, my Emma was determined to wear a skirt and flip flops to work! :) They were more than happy to move the limbs and rake. :) I love their servant hearts. Such sweet, sweet friends - like family!


No comments: