Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Lufkin Zoo

 We took Emma and her friend Connor to the Lufkin Zoo one afternoon. The Lufkin Zoo was one of my favorite places to go when I was a little girl. I LOVED riding the train. I have many good memories from the Lufkin Zoo so was excited for Emma to get to go. 

Emma and her friend Connor.





 The kids saw the peacocks walking around and were so funny watching them and chasing them some.
I LOVE how at the Lufkin Zoo the peacocks walk around the whole zoo freely. So fun!





 See how close the peacock is to Connor?

 They are some beautiful creatures!
  
 It's so fun that the kids are able to get so close to them!

 

  
   
 Peacock Crossing :)


 Looking at the turtles on the log!

 Mama and Babies
   
 Toucans

 
 Brooke and Emma

 SO PRETTY!

  
The kids didn't get to ride the train because it stopped running at 4 but they did at least get to look at it.

We ended our HOT day at the Zoo with Ice Cream and Soda from Sam's.
Emma insists that she paid for everyone because she gave the lady several pennies. :) It was too cute! :)
We had a fun, hot day with family and friends at the Zoo!

No comments: