Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Emma's First Dance Recital

For Christmas, my parents gave Emma a membership to The Little Gym and paid for her to take gymnastics, ballet and tap each month. Her time there started out a bit rocky as she would try her teachers and do only what she wanted to do but after putting a few procedures in place she began to do what she was supposed to and really LOVED going to class each week. Her sweet friend from church, Elizabeth, was in the same class with her. She loved getting to spend the extra time with Elizabeth each week. 

Their recitals are broken into two parts. The girls do their gymnastics portion on their normal class day (Tue or Thur) during their normal class time and their recital portion consisting of tap and ballet is at a set time on Saturdays.

Heading out for the gymnastics portion of her recital.


Sweet little gymnast. :)

Sweet friends! I love this picture!

Lined up and waiting their turn.

Elizabeth's turn!

Emma's turn!






In line for the bars.

Elizabeth


Emma









Ta-Da! :)

Elizabeth on the balance beam.


Emma's turn.
Each of the girls introduces themselves before they get on the bars or the beam! :)

















Ta-Da!

Sweet friends watching the picture video of them learning during class.


DANCE RECITAL

The girls sitting and talking with Mrs. Heather as they wait for all their friends to arrive.

free style dance



















TIME for BALLET








TAP TIME


















lined up and ready for awards

the girls were presented with a little medal
Emma was really wanting a trophy :)

Ta-Da!!! :)
So proud of our girl.
She came a looooong way this semester in dance.

All the girls together.

Sweet, sweet friends!


My beautiful dancer!

Emma with her favorite teacher, Mrs. Heather!


No comments: