Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Gan

Gan went home to be with the Lord late at night on Monday, April 13, 2009. She was laid to rest next to Papa on Friday, April 17. I am no theologian at all but I like to think that when she left the ones she loved and those surrounding her at the hospital that she ran into the arms of our Lord...healed and new. I'd like to think that she then saw Papa carrying the baby that they lost so many years ago. What a joyous time for her!
I am happy that she is no longer in pain and no longer suffering but my how I miss her. I was used to calling her each Sunday and Wednesday evening on my way to church. I definitely missed that phone call this Wednesday. I know I will miss many, many more...there will be lots of adjustments especially over the next few months and lots of empty moments over the next few years.
I've been trying not to think too much about what has transpired over the last week and a half but today as we were driving to the hospital to visit a family from the church, out of the blue, Emma said "Gan sleeping." "Gan booboo." "Gan see Jesus, I want to see Jesus." It was so sweet and innocent but ALL of me wanted to cry.
Mom and Dad are flying back to Finland today (Saturday) so please pray for traveling mercies. They have spent this last week in Stephenville, TX helping my aunt and uncle clean out my grandmother's home. It has been a hard (in more ways than one) and tiring week for them. Please pray that their rest is multiplied (especially Dad's). They should arrive home sometime on Sunday and Dad will go back to work on Monday. We can't wait until they come back to the states and get to visit us!

No comments: