Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Monday, April 27, 2009

ABC's

Emma is learning her ABC's so I thought I'd document what she knows and how she knows it...we relate letters to people because she is such a people person! **Have been added since original post. :) A - Anna, Angie, Angela B - Brooke, Beth C - Clint, Courtney D - Daddy E - Emma (of course) F - Fig G - GG H - Hailey I - ? J - Jack K - Kelly, Kristin L - Linda, Lauren M - Mommy N - ? O - Owen P - Papa Q - ? R - Reid S - Seth, Steve, Samuel, Savannah T - Tami U - Uniqua** (from the Backyardigans) V - Vernon W - ? X - ? Y - ? Z - Zach** So pretty much she knows all but 9 letters of the alphabet. Does she get the letter right ALL the time??? No, but MOST. She really does pretty good and amazes us! Anyone want to help with the question marks??? I guess we can wait on those. :)

3 comments:

Parkison Family said...

TODAY, WHILE SETH AND I DID LETTERS...I DID THIS WITH HIM (LETTERS AND NAMES)....ANYWAYS, I GOT TO E AND I SAID DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS ONE IS...

"EMMA, ELLA, AND ELIZA" HE JUST SQUEALED WITH GLEE! :) HE LOVES SOME GIRLS THAT NAMES START WITH E!!!

Angela said...

Z for Zach!! HaHa!

Blogger: Lisa M. Harris~ said...

Try convincing her that her Daddy's name starts with J for Josh..."No, it is D for Daddy!!"