Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Virginia Creeper Trail

I look a bit sick and apprehensive don't I? Well, this was after a loooooong van ride up a mountain that took us on ALOT of twists and turns. I was sitting in the middle of the middle seat so for this girl that gets carsick on occassion, I was not doing well. I had to ask one of the youth to empty out their Target bag so I could use it if I needed to. I was SO sick. It was an awful ride. Our driver was just speeding up the mountain on those twists and turns. Not to mention that I was already nervous about this bike ride. I hadn't been on a bike in 5 1/2 years and had never gone on a ride that was 17 1/2 miles long. So this picture is taken after the horrible van ride and right before I started the long journey on the bike.
I MADE IT!!! 17 1/2 miles on the bike.
Most of it was pretty easy, the last couple of miles got a bit difficult but I made it and was VERY proud of myself.
the BEAUTIFUL fall leaves...this picture doesn't do it justice! It was just beautiful...we went on the most colorful weekend of the year! The sweet Bell family enjoying lunch. In the Country where we stopped to eat. It was delicious!
Chris and Martin
J and I
sweet Bell girls
Chris and Ben
the Keiths
mother and son biking on our trip. :)
Josh sharing a short devotion with the group before they embarked on the second half of the journey...the harder part that two other ladies and I skipped. :)
Melanie and Mary Ann
Bell Girls
Daley's
Partial Group Pic
Somebody took a picture of the whole group, but I never got it....hmmmm. I'll be looking for that one now.

No comments: