Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tennesse

Emma and I took a trip to Tennessee in October while I was off on fall break to visit two of my dear friends, meet up with my parents and attend my aunts wedding. Once again, Em was a GREAT trooper on the trip, we always have fun together!
As soon as we got to Knoxville to The Tyner's house E ran outside to play on their "playground" (as she calls it). When Jack got home he joined her. He is so good to her and plays so well. He is going to be the best big brother to Big Z and Little Z (that they are adopting from Ethiopia). I can't wait for them to get their little boys home and for their family to be complete! These are exciting times for them!!! :)
Friday night, I met up with Angela to meet her new little one. We took our kiddos and headed out for our favorite, Mexican food, and then we went back to her house to chat some more. Angela and I met back in the summer of '03 when we were both summer missionaries in China. We became fast friends! We were both in each others weddings and even though we don't talk all that often we can always pick up right where we left off. I am so thankful for her and her friendship. Emma LOVED holding baby Cooper. He is such a cutie! :)
My parents came and E and I stayed at the hotel with them. This is E in their car as we traveled to my aunts wedding. Apparently E can see her work better when she is wearing her goggles...on her forehead! ;)
The wedding chapel in Pigeon Forge. It has a corny name but it really was a pretty little chapel and the minister was very nice. From what I could tell, he believed the same that we did. He did a really good job.
Emma showing off.
She wasn't wanting to cooperate.
Me and my sweet girl. :)
E looking out the stained glass window. I think this is a cute picture. :)
E, Mom and Me
E feeding the ducks after our delicious steak dinner.
Alamo Steakhouse and Saloon, there is one in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.
It is a bit pricey but I HIGHLY recommend it. It is definitely a GREAT place to go if you are ever in the area! YUM, YUM!
My dear, dear friend Angie and me.
Neither one of us can really remember when we became friends...we just "were". :)
Jon and Angie are always so kind to let us stay at their house WHENEVER. If we want to come for a visit they don't mind, if we are passing through to Memphis to visit Josh's family or whatever they are always willing to let us stay. I just wish we all lived closer! :)

No comments: