Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

September School "Project"

Emma was given the form of a person and had to make it to "describe" her. I'm not exactly sure that we did it correctly but we did it the way Emma wanted to. We went to the good 'ole Wally World so that E could chose yarn, scrapbook paper and stickers that she liked that represented her.
Emma wanted a purple polka dot dress that we made from scrapbook paper and pink shoes. She actually drew on one of the feet how she wanted to the shoes and I cut them just the way she drew. I think she did a GREAT job! :) Pink and purple are E's favorite colors and she likes "polpa" dots. She chose blonde/brown colored yarn for her hair since that is what her hair looks like. She chose flower stickers because she likes to smell them, popcicles, candy, ice cream and snow cones because she LOVES to eat anything sweet. (She has been known to eat sugar from the canister.) And, she chose music notes because she likes to sing. Thinking back she should have chosen pens and pencils as well because she LOVES to draw and do artwork. As has been evidenced in previous posts. ;) Emma drew her face on once everything else was finished and exclaimed: "It's a REAL person!"
I love her! :)

No comments: