Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Friday, April 23, 2010

London Layover: Day 9, Friday

Home Sweet Home! This morning we awoke about midnight NC time to begin getting ready and packing our bags so we could finish our journey home! We got to the airport about 3 1/2 hours early in order to check in and make sure that we could get our seats together. Amazingly enough, without our asking, they gave us seats in the bulk head. Emma had a HORRIBLE time at take off. Screaming, crying, yelling. Josh and I just wanted to leave her there and sink down as low as we could. Embarrassing! I felt like we had a bulls eye on our back the whole time. The screaming and crying lasted at least 30 minutes...at least. It lasted from the beginning of take off until we were at the appropriate height for the seat belt sign to be turned off. Once I was able to take her to the bathroom she was fine and qucikly went to sleep once she was back in her seat. They fed us alot on the plane and it was decent food. I think we all enjoyed the food coming home much more than the food going over. When we got home, our friends, the Harris' picked us up from the aiport. They brought a sign from Emma's preschool class. SO SWEET! She/we loved it! It was great! They also brought a cupcake from her friends birthday party at school. Emma was THRILLED! They brought us home to get cleaned up and then took us to Mexican. YUM!!! I have missed my mexican (and chinese) food. So...thankfully today our London Layover ended and we are home. Home Sweet Home!!! I LOVE my home no matter how messy it is! :)

No comments: