Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day have always been days spent with my mom. The first mother's day I was away from my mom was in 2004, they lived in Virginia and I lived in Pensacola. I went to Mississippi that weekend to celebrate with one of my best friends and attend her sons baby dedication with all the family. It was a great and fun day for us. The following year 2005, I was in China. The day before Mother's Day I had just returned home from our May Holiday. I spent that week or so traveling to my students homes and spending time with them. The afternoon of Mother's Day (early morning in the US) I called mom and dad and woke them up telling them I was on my way to the hospital with severe stomach pains, uncontrolable puking and a high fever. I'm sure my mom went to church happy that Mother's Day. :P I was feeling horrible. I ended up staying the night at the hospital and went home late the following afternoon. I always think about that lovely day/night each Mother's Day. The following Mother's Day, 2006, I was pregnant with little Miss Emma (surprise). Mom and Dad came down to visit that weekend so we could all be together. I think I gave Mom a frame with Emma's ultrasound in it that year! :) The following year we were all together again for Mother's Day...this time with sweet Emma Grace. Each year since we have been apart since they have been living in Finland. I hope that after this year we can all get together on Mother's Day once again. I am so thankful for my mom and the impact she has had on my life. So thankful for all the lessons she taught me and for the woman that she helped me become. I hope and pray I can do the same for my little girl. I love you, Mom!

No comments: