Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

London Layover: Day 1, Thursday

Well, today we should have had only a 3 hour layover in the London airport. Instead we are spending the night in a dumpy hotel. It has been a day. Once we got our luggage from the airport and were able to book a hotel and a new flight home, should be tomorrow we decided to venture into London. We had a little amount of cash and used our credit cards. When we were trying to get a ticket at the train station, Josh's card was rejected. Mine had already been rejected earlier in the day. When we arrived back at the hotel, I tried to call out and was unable to make a phone call. After calling the reception several times they told me that they had to swipe my credit card, that my card number being on file with them was not good enough. I told them we had nothing to swipe. I emailed my dad, he called and I gave him the information to get my credit card back on track. After about two hours we finally had my credit card fixed and I was then able to call about Josh's card. This has been an emotional draining and frustrating day. We are so ready to go home. Tonight after booking our flight for tomorrow, I found out that tomorrow's flight had been canceled. So we are now scheduled to arrive home on Sunday. Because tomorrow plane is canceled I have reserved us a hotel room and a much nicer hotel for the next two nights. Looking forward to sleep in a clean place tomorrow! Praying we get out of here soon.

No comments: