Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

North Hills Santa

Our friend "Sandy Clause" was the Santa at North Hills this year. He invited us to the tree lighting ceremony. It was a blast. We may have to make this a tradition. Thankfully we got there early (about 4) for the tree lighting at 6 and by 6 it was PACKED! We walked around for a little while. They had a band on the stage, train rides, horse drawn carriages, characters like the gingerbread man, rudolph, frosty, elves, etc and ice skating, "snow" for the children. While Emma and I walked around I told Josh to get in the Santa line behind our friend, Buddy, from church. :) It was a GREAT idea...otherwise we would not have seen santa that night.
Josh was thankful to have a smart phone while he stood in line for an hour and a half! :) We were VERY happy to be second in line! :)

Emma "playing in the snow". :)

isn't this sweet? even though she has "snow" all over her! ;)

I was standing in line with Josh...Emma was mad about something so standing far off...wish I could remember what now! :)

horse drawn carriage carolers
sweet :)
the "host" from a local news station
(can't remember her name)
she sang some Christmas carols...I think she needs to stick with reporting the news.
Here comes SANTA!!!!!
Santa throwing up the magic dust to light the tree! He did a GREAT job!
He lit it! :)
There are no pictures of Emma with Santa because she wouldn't sit with him alone. I had to get in the sleigh with her...lovely!

No comments: