Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Friday, June 5, 2009

Emma's Room

I have been wanting to participate in this each Friday but it seems like our house is never "clean" enough to take pictures of. I finally got in Emma's room to clean up and organize it. I decided I better take pictures of it! :) So...I'm linking my blog (a week late) to Kelly's Korner - one of my favorite blogs! So...below is Emma's room.

What you see from the hallway. Her room is tiny and crammed. She has no dustruffle on her bed because it was too long when we had to lower the matress. :(

what you see when you enter her room

She loves to sleep with "ducky he has to be positioned 'just right'! her bulletin board with pictures, cards, her birth announcements and bows The alphabet that is up all over the top of her room. I LOVE the pictures! I think they are awesome. One each picture there are usually at least three things that go with the specific letter. Right next to the door, above the light switch. When I found this I HAD to have it...it matches her room perfectly and I LOVE the verse. :) I'm confident HE has great plans for Emma. Her toys and shelves with keepsakes.

What you see straight ahead when you enter her room. Her little bookshelf and table. Her growth chart...it really isn't crooked...apparently I took the picture crooked. The same artist that did the alphabet did the growth chart. There are stickers for each year to mark how tall she is. I'm afraid she'll outgrow this growth chart really quickly. My grandmother (Gan) made this for me the Christmas before I left for China. I thought it would be neat to put in Emma's room. I need to work on the bow...I didn't do a good job with that! Behind her door she has dress up clothes, hats and bags. My aunt had her name done before she was born. We hung the flower garland on it because we couldn't figure anything else to do with it.
Thanks for visiting my room! :)

1 comment:

noahandlylasmommi said...

I love that book shelf. I want to get one for my girls.