Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kanga Comes Home

 Kanga, Emma's class mascot, got to go home with each friend during the school year! Emma was SO excited when Kanga got to come home with us. 

Friday night, we took Kanga to our favorite cheap hangout, the elegant Taco Bell!
He enjoyed a taco and cinnamon twists with Emma.


On Saturday night, Emma's "big sis" and one of her favorite people in all the world, Kelsey, came over to babysit her while Josh and I went to a movie. They ate pizza, cookies and chocolate milk...Kelsey allowed Emma and Kanga to eat 13 cookies that night...I'm sure you know who did most of the cookie eating and it wasn't Kanga!

 Kanga went to Sunday School
and "big church" with Emma! Doesn't she look so happy! :)

 Then he got to go to Fiesta Mexicana with us afterwards.
He really seems to like Mexican food! :) He fits in well with our family!

 Emma was so excited to take him to gymnastics and dance with her.
He kept wanting to hop around instead of dance. Silly guy!
 
 Each night, Emma, Kanga and Daddy read the Bible together before Emma and Kanga fell fast asleep.
We were so glad that Kanga came to visit...below is the scrapbook Emma took back to school sharing her adventures with Kanga! :)

 It says: "Kanga and I shared a taco and cinnamon twists."
"Kelsey babysat us, we had cookies and chocolate milk."

 It says: "We went to Sunday School and big church."
"We shared chips, salsa and cheese dip for lunch."

 
It says: "We read our Bible story and snuggled every night."
"He had fun watching me at dance."
"We had fun spending time together."
"Emma <3 i="i" love="love" p="p" you="you">

No comments: