Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Still in Knoxville

While EG and I were in Knoxville we got together with a dear friend, Angela, for a nice visit and a mexican dinner. (Yum)! Angela and I became quick and dear, dear friends in China. We did summer missions there for 10 weeks back in 2003. That time was filled with many trials but great triumphs. Angela and I have a unique friendship...I don't even know how to describe it. Now days (both being married and me with a little one) we don't talk as much as we used to but our friendship has never changed. I feel so incredible close to her and that is a true gift from God. I thank God for the trials he used to bring us even closer together. There are not many people in this world that I can truly share my whole heart with...she is one of them and I cherish that. I love you and miss you A-la (as EG calls her)!!!
Below are some pictures of us in China.
Our first meal together. A 'Hot Pot" restaurant in Hong Kong

Shopping at the market in Hong Kong

On the Ferry in Hong Kong

Dinner at our FAVORITE restaurant in Fuzhou....my mouth is watering right now. YUM!!!

No comments: