Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pray for Katherine



Katherine and I lived on the same hall our freshman year at Samford. We were mostly aquaintances and participated in hall events together. We would see each other occasionally during the rest of my time at Samford.



Katherine has been married for 4 years (I think) and has a 6 month old little boy. She, her husband Jay, and son live in CA where Jay is finishing up his law degree at Pepperdine. On April 21, Katherine's legs went numb and she fell to the ground. She had some type of aneurysm/stroke. There was a large clump of blood vessels in her brain (that she was born with) and it is my understanding that they ruptured. You can find out more information on the websites I have listed below. Anyways, Katherine has a long, long journey ahead of her and I just ask that you pray for her. Her friends have started what they call the "Romans 8 Movement"...I have signed up to memorize Romans 8 and am asking you to consider to do the same. Katherine has had a great influence on the lives that she has come in contact with and this so called "tragedy" that has come upon her is causing her to have an even greater influence. Please check the following sites out...they say everything much better than I do!

















No comments: