Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Friday, April 4, 2008

Day 12 - Touring Helsinki

Today we went to different "sights" around the city. My favorite has to be Rock Church. It is absolutely amazing. It has perfect acoustics - there are no microphones or speakers in the church. The wals are made of rock and the ceiling of copper. The church is underground...so beautiful from the inside (pics are below). Today there was an orchestra in there recording and it was amazing. If EG hadn't been with us we would have sat there all day and listened. She was a little too loud so we had to get out of there in order to not mess up the recording. :) She and Mom stayed outside watching and listening to the recording while I was inside. After the finished a song I heard EG yell "Yeah!" She LOVED the music and could have stayed there all day as well if she could have yelled and clapped like she wanted to. We also went to the Lutheran church high up on Senate Square. It is also very beautiful inside. Outside at the bottom of the steps there were filming some movie...don't know what. It was interesting watching them record the same scen over and over and over again. We also went to market square - the outdoor market - to see what the vendors were selling. We will return in the morning, there should be many more. It is just fun to walk around. While we were wandering around there little EG fell asleep and slept for over an hour out in the cold and in a bumpy ride. We also went to the indoor market and got some special food for Daddy.

Tomorrow we are going to Tallin, Estonia...it will be EG's first boat ride...fun, fun!

Rock Church

The pipes inside the church.

The Finland Radio Orchestra recording.
You can see that the church is made of all different size rocks, then there are skylights around the top, they surround a copper dome ceiling.




The ceiling - it is amazing.


Sleepy EG - barely hanging on to the passy.

lost the passy - sleeping good

posing with an ugly reindeer? while sleeping

Mommy talking on the phone in the 'telefon' booth.


EG talking.




the Lutheran church on Senate Square







Inside - the podium


the altar

No comments: