Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Praying for Frank Lay

Mr. Lay is one of my hero's in the faith, my former Sunday School teacher, a godly, godly deacon at my home church, my former boss, Josh's former principal and part of his ordination council. He is a principal at a school that I had a long-term sub job at just before Josh and I got married.
I have admired Mr. Lay since I first knew him. When I had the honor to sit under his teaching I grew to love him even more. When I had the opportunity to work for him I was honored. He is the best boss I have EVER had. I would give anything to work for him again.
The ACLU filed a lawsuit against Santa Rosa county schools last year and now they are looking to sue Mr. Lay. He has been an educator for 32 years and principal of Pace High School for 20 years. Below are the articles in our home paper (which is skewed and extremely liberal) and soon I hope to have his message that he preached at my home church tonight linked here.
We love you and are praying for you, Mr. Lay!
4 Questions that I Get Asked - Mr. Lay's Message (scroll down to find this title)

1 comment:

Jenn Faulk said...

Wow. Our culture's tolerance really runs out when it comes to conservative Christians. Unbelievable!

I just now read your comment on my blog about your family considering a two year term with the IMB! I did a journeyman term with the IMB after college and can highly, highly recommend the two year experience. Praying that God would show y'all His will in this and lead your family to the right place of service!