Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Christmas Eve

This is a pictureless post that is just for my records and documentation so we can remember what we did. :) We spent the day cleaning, cooking and getting ready for our Christmas Eve service, Christmas Eve meal with new friends. Josh and I decided that because we were having friends over for dinner Christmas Eve dinner after church that we would open our family presents before church. Emma received a few things from us that were useful. We got her her leotard, skirt, ballet shoes, and tap shoes for "ballet school". A thermos for her lunch box that she has been BEGGING for and little kiddy digital camera. I thought a camera would be a good idea since she is always wanting to take pictures but...it leaves much to be desired. I was not too impressed with it. Josh got us all a Wii and the Wii fit which we LOVE. We have had fun having family Wii nights of bowling and various other games. We gave Josh a scarf and gloves, and some Alabama items. I finsished prepping dinner and we all got dressed for our Christams Eve service at church. That service is one of my favorite things about Christmas. We had a great time remembering the Savior's birth and worshipping him. After Christmas Eve, a young couple that was just married and are up here for seminary came over to enjoy our traditional Mexican Christmas Eve. We had beef enchilada's and chicken enchilada's. I LOVE chicken enchiladas! It was a yummy meal. I think we all finally went to bed after midnight...even Emma. It made for a nice Christmas Day because I don't think she woke up until close to 11. :) This Christmas was our first Christmas not to go anywhere around the holidays and no one came here. It was a nice change for our little family just to be "us" with our own agenda and own traditions for the holidays. It really was a GREAT Christmas for our family and one I will always cherish. This Christmas season brought some welcomed relaxation for us and for that I am very thankful.

No comments: