Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Friday, December 31, 2010

July 4th Festivities on the 5th ;)

We went to our sweet friends, the Buchanan's, to celebrate July 4 on the 5th, which was a holiday for everyone. :)
I made a new recipe of a cake I found somewhere. It is a version of Strawberry Shortcake. It was really delicious and VERY "rich" tasting. I think it tasted better the second day once all the strawberry juice sank into the cake. Yum!

They put a slip and slide out for the kids. They had a blast! ;)

It was Emma's first time. She was a little skittish at first but soon started having a blast. :)

sitting in the "pool" of water

sweet Micah man :)

I'm surprised they didn't slip as they danced down the 'slide'.
Emma asking someone to pull her down to the end.
Attempting to give Ethan a push.
Lazy bums laying at the end. :)

No comments: