Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Favorite Chicken Recipe

I thought I'd post some of my favortie recipes every once in a while. I made this chicken for dinner tonight. It was one of my favorite recipes...so easy and yummy! Moist Drumsticks (I should have taken a pic...sorry) 3 pounds skinless chicken drumsticks (I leave the skin on) 1 can (8oz) tomato sauce 1/2 c soy sauce 1/4 c packed brown sugar 1 teaspoon minced garlic 3 tablespoons cornstarch (I don't use) 1/4 c cold water (I don't use) Rinse drumsticks and place in a 5-qt slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours (or high 2-3 hours) or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm. (I don't do the following but you can if you want!) Strain cooking juices. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. We just keep the juices as they are in the crockpot and pour them over our chicken and rice. Sides: wild rice green beans and or salad roasted acorn squash rolls/biscuit/croissant

No comments: