Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow and Fire

Well...today we had snow so of course school was canceled. I must say it was nice to have a three day weekend but it is disspointing knowing that we get a day taken away from our spring break. :( Oh well...such is life. We slept in today until around 11 or so. We had a lazy day. I put some chicken on to boil to make White Chicken Chili with. Once it was finished I moved it from the burner and put the skillet on the same burner to make some yummy chocolate chip pancakes. One pancake was in the skillet and then all of a sudden "POOF" a fire started UNDER the skillet. I started screaming, "There's a fire, there's a fire." I cut the burner off, and of course there was still a fire. I just froze. Emma walked into the kitchen and started yelling and pointing "fire, fire". Josh finally came over and moved the skillet and put the fire out. The whole time I was standing there "frozen" watching the fire I kept thinking about the fire that we had in our home in Texas and as well as our apartment burning and our neighbors apartments burning. Thank goodness Josh was home because I kept thinking...what do I put on the fire...flour, baking soda or baking powder...I couldn't quite remember. Now everytime Emma comes into the kitchen she points to the burner and says "no fire, no fire". Hopefully we will have NO MORE FIRE! Thank the Lord our apartment building is STILL standing and everyone is safe! :)

No comments: