Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Monday, August 11, 2008

M&M's, Backyardigans and Pictures

Little EG has become quite the ham these days not to mention mischevious!!! Today she decided that she wanted some M&M's and that she would get them no - matter - what. And that she did. She picked up the ziplock bag they were in bit off some plastic and got a mouth full of M&M's AND plastic. She did all this while we were trying to pry them away from her....yes two grown adults against a 21 month old and guess what...she THOUGHT she won...maybe at first...but not in the end. Once we finally got them away from her and made her spit them out she got a nice pop and sat in time out and cried. She kissed and hugged her way back in...she definitely knows how to "work it".
The Backyardigans is a favorite TV show of her especially the Riding the Range episode. There is alot of music and lots of "husseys" (horsey's). EG jumps up and down saying "hussey, hussey"! She dances to the music and sometimes actually looks like she is riding the horse. It is hilarious!!! In this episode they sleep next to the campfire, everytime she sees that she starts waving her hands and says "ho, ho" (hot)!! Isn't she soo smart??? :)
Last week I was laying on the couch - I can never lay on the couch without being touched or walked, sat on or layed on. On this particular day she stood on my belly and looked at the collage of wedding pictures above our couch. There is one 4x6 of my side of the family at our wedding. EG pointed at the correct people and said "Papa, GG, Mommy, Daddy". I am shocked that she knew us...especially me several pounds lighter with a veil. Our faces were so tiny there. Ever since then she has found great joy in standing on the couch and pointing us out. It is too cute!

No comments: