Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Monday, December 27, 2010

Girl's Trip!

Emma and I took a road trip to Florida while Josh was in Bolivia. On our way, we stopped to spend a coupld of nights in Valdosta, GA to visit our dear friends, the Parkers.
Here is a picture of their sweet little girl, S, and Emma. Emma is still talking about her 7 months later. She had the best time playing with her.
I took them to Wile Adventures Water Park one day. It had to be the hottest day of the year. We were burning up. Even the water was warm. At least when you were in the water you weren't melting! Emma enjoyed letting the water fall all over her! :) She has become quite the little fish.
She had the best time playing with an older girl and S was SO go to her! Em passed out with one of S's animals. :)
The next day we drove to Pensacola to stay with Mam and Pawpaw! Em HAD to go swimming that night so Mam took her. E swam as much as she could the whole time we were there! Day or Night she was wanting to get in the pool! :)
E enjoyed her night swim with Mam! :)
On Saturday, we went to the beach to check out the situation with the oil. This is one of the clean-up stations. They had a TON of them all down the beach, every few hundred yards. I felt sorry for the workers b/c it was boiling hot out there however, they were making pretty good money doing what they were doing.
They would scoop up the oil and put the oil/sand mixture into a bag that they would later sift out.
The water was so pretty...no one was in it though.
Oil
Cold Drinks! Mam treated us to cold lemonade and fries at the Surf Shack...a cute burger joint on the beach. Lemonade never tested so good!
E and I went to my home church, Olive Baptist Church, to worship and visit with dear friends. I still miss it terribly and I've been gone for 5 years! I love going "home"! :) Mam wanted a picture with Emma and E wasn't the most cooperative! :) The pics are still cute, though. :)
I love this with her looking up at Mam.
Sweet!
And this is Emma's clothing after pictures. She took off her clothes as she was walking down the hall. What do you think she put on? Her BATHINGSUIT! This picture was just too funny!!!
Finally, she can relax in the pool! :)
I love it! :)

No comments: