Favorite Things

I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I am using this year to help me study God's word.

The first being the Scripture Reading Plan I am using provided by the Journey church. I like it because if you get behind it is easy to get caught up. :)

The second is what I am using to help me memorize verses. I have always wanted to memorize Philippians and shared that desire with my husband. He directed me to this site which has a VERY helpful guide to memorizing Philippians!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

One Quick Note...

Tonight, as Josh was leaving for work, I was trying to clean the house and EG was intent on eating again...at 8 o'clock!!!! "Eat, eat, eat" and then she crawled up in her seat to eat (which she didn't!) she got her tray and tried to put it on herself. She got frustrated when she couldn't figure out how to get it to stay on her chair and through it up on the table...in doing that, she knocked over my full cup of coffee with sugary creamer. Coffee was running all over the table (which, might I add, we can never keep cleaned off...it is our "paper pile"), getting papers wet, dripping through the cracks of the table and onto the floor. What a mess!!! I asked Josh to go put her in bed so I could clean up the sticky mess. After I got it cleaned up and the table cleared off (about 30 minutes) EG was still fussing in her room. I went in there, picked her up and sang Jesus Loves Me this is a new little ritual we have. I say "Do you want me to sing to you?" or "Mommy's going to sing to you." and she just lays back in my arms, looks at me and listens to me sing. After I sang to her tonight, she layed right back down, fussed 10 seconds and I never heard another peep. I had NO IDEA that she treasured that short time so much. It has definitely made bed time easier since loosing the loved passy! I'll post pictures in the next couple of days!

No comments: